Regulatory Compliance / Industry Standards
Adherence of our materials to increasingly complex global standards and governmental regulations is a top priority for Trinseo Product Stewards.
Trinseo offers its customers Regulatory Data Sheets (RDS) for plastics used in sensitive end-use applications (such as food contact and medical devices), which provide information pertaining to the regulatory status of our materials. Depending on the product, some of the details in a RDS may include:
- Animal Derived Components / Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE)
- Biocompatibility / Medical Grade Status
- EU Directive on Heavy Metals and Coalition of Northeastern Governors (CONEG)
- EU Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- EU Directive Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- EU REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals)
- Food Allergens (such as wheat, tree nuts and soy)
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GADSL)
- Global Chemical Inventory Compliance
- US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) / EU Food Contact Status
Customers can contact the Customer Information Group to receive a copy of the RDS for these select products they buy from Trinseo.